Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One Flower Wednesday, July 14


Goodmorning, afternoon or evening depending on where in this wonderful world you are.
I managed to finish 12 flowers this past week. Despite being rushed off my feet in the store during the day. But I spent the weekend sewing like a mad woman. I am hoping to have this done in time for Christmas for my brother. Sadly we did not grow up together, well he's almost 18 years younger than me. But over the last 2 or 3 years we've become better acquainted and get along quite well. So I wanted to make him something special. Last year I made him a beaded lighter cover with his name & guitars on it. He loved it!!

So this year I wanted to something else sisterly for my little brother and I'm hoping this flower hex throw will be it.
Until next time.....
Take Care,
Robyn

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is quite a present - lucky brother! He will certainly love the indigo color.

Jossie said...

Great flowers! I think you are the best of sisters! How lucky your brother must be. The quilt will be beautiful and very masculin by the colours.

Marion B. said...

That is realy a nice present for your brother.

quilting Jeannet said...

thanks for visiting my blog Robyn,and your friendly comment. Like your flowers, you did your best whit so many flowers!

greetings, Jenanet

GRANNY'S HOUSE said...

They are realy manly flowers and I think he will love his quilt.
Overhere it is 19.40 pm.

Greetings
Ines

Quiltpassion.blogspot.com said...

You made lovely blue flowers. And the beaded present from last year is very beautiful, too!
Greetings, Cisca

Daniëlle said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely story! Must feel like a second change now everything is going more smooth, contact wise that is! Have lots of fun making the flowers and I am sure he will enjoy them! Happy sewing, Daniëlle PS Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog! XXXD

Jeanette said...

The hexies are lovely. I'm sure your brother will love it. Hugs, Jeanette

Kate said...

Hi Robyn
Thank you so much for visiting me and your lovely comments..Oh my!!1 you have been so busy,,,well done...I am sure your brother will be thrilled to bits with his quilt,,lucky man!

Sandra Henderson said...

I LOVE your flowers! You are a fabulous gardener! :)
The lighter cover is amazing! So talented!!! Well, so long as you are now in each others lives... HUGS!!!!! What a great sister you are! HUGS! XO

Karen said...

A wonderful gift for your brother!

Vickie said...

Hi Robyn! Your brother will love this quilt! Your flowers are beautiful!

merumo said...

Lovely blue flowers!

Marcia said...

Twelve flowers in one week! You're amazing!

Narelle said...

Your gift idea sounds lovely.
12 Flowers is a great achievement!

Micki said...

You have made a beautiful present for your brother...He is so lucky!
Micki